Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: How can I record some position of context in Reduce()?

Re: How can I record some position of context in Reduce()?
Hi,

Your cross join is supported in both pig and hive. (Cross, and Theta joins)

So there must be code to do this.

Essentially in the reducer you would have your key and then the set of rows that match the key. You would then perform the cross product on the key's result set and output them to the collector as separate rows.

I'm not sure why you would need the reduce context.

But then again, I'm still on my first cup of coffee. ;-)