HBase >> mail # user >> Secure HBase upon Replication

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-05-09, 08:34
Re: Secure HBase upon Replication
>>Does enabling security in HBase entails using the latest hbase security
>>branch?
Which branch are you using?  Once you enable security the security feature
on that branch starts working.
>>3. Suppose the only requirement I have is securing the RPC in between
>>Master and Slave sites, do I must have Secure HDFS and secure ZooKeeper?
Security if enabled will apply to HDFS and Zookeeper also.  I don't think
you can only enable for HBase alone.

>>1. Does HBase supports secure RPC between Master and Slave replications?
Sorry am not sure on this.

Regards
Ram
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that HBase supports secure RPC between its nodes (Master, Region
> Server). I have couple of questions about it:
>
> 1. Does HBase supports secure RPC between Master and Slave replications?
> 2. Does enabling security in HBase entails using the latest hbase security
> branch?
> 3. Suppose the only requirement I have is securing the RPC in between
> Master and Slave sites, do I must have Secure HDFS and secure ZooKeeper?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Asaf

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-05-09, 09:36