Avro, mail # user - Async Callbacks using Netty

+
William Afendy 2012-02-01, 01:50
+
James Baldassari 2012-02-01, 03:09
+
William Afendy 2012-02-01, 04:23
+
James Baldassari 2012-02-01, 06:24
+
William Afendy 2012-02-01, 07:22
+
James Baldassari 2012-02-01, 07:57
Re: Async Callbacks using Netty
haiyangzhou 2012-09-29, 09:29
avro just implements client-side async, not server-side async. am i right?

my avro idl file is like this:

protocol TestProtocol {
    int hello(string msg);
}

so when i implements the generated interface TestProtocol.Callback, my own
implementation of hello(CharSequence, org.apache.avro.ipc.Callback<Integer>)
does not has any effect. only the sync method hello(CharSequence) is called.

what i really want to do is described below.

i want to implements a 'msg transmitter' using avro async protocol.

an example request route is like this: client --> serverA --> serverB
-->serverC

if the client invoke 'sendMsg("hello world")', then serverC will receive the
message ("hello world"). serverA & serverB just forward this request to the
next destination of the request route.

i implements my own callback to accomplish this. callback of previous
request is kept until current callback returns. async method is used when
the request is forwarded to the next server.

but when client invoke sendMsg(msg, callback), i could see sync method is
called on the serverA, but not the async one. and then no request forward
happens.