Hive >> mail # user >> Interpreting explain plan in hive

Interpreting explain plan in hive
Hi,

What are the key areas we need to check in the explain plan generated in Hive?
I have checked the documentation, it's not detailed about the above question.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+Explain
I have similar kind of question asked in our forum, which is unanswered.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201107.mbox/%3CCAAG3+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

In summary, how we can distinguish a good/bad plan ?

Thanks for your help.
Pandeeswaran