Hadoop, mail # dev - [PROPOSAL] Hadoop branch-1.2

+
Matt Foley 2013-02-04, 20:39
+
Steve Loughran 2013-02-05, 03:02
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-06, 23:17
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-07, 09:29
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-09, 22:38
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-10, 18:32
Re: [PROPOSAL] Hadoop branch-1.2
Steve Loughran 2013-03-11, 15:42
On 10 March 2013 18:32, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve, is there a timeline all these changes will be ready? If it is not
> going to be
> ready soon, perhaps these changes could be consider for 1.3?
>
> Suresh, I've put everything into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9258 - the tests and the
patches for S3 and S3N.

Data loss is only going to happen if you go rename(srcDir, srcDir) or
rename(srcDir,srcDir/child); nobody has ever reported it. We have to decide
whether this is critical enough to get in, or postpone to 1.3. Given this
is a last minute change and the changes to the S3FileSystem's rename()
operation are significant, delaying to 1.3 may actually be safer.

your choice

-steve
+
Steve Loughran 2013-03-10, 19:19