Accumulo, mail # user - No info for Accumulo Master on Monitor Overview page

Re: No info for Accumulo Master on Monitor Overview page
Terry P. 2013-10-24, 23:40
FYI everyone, turns out that changing the permissions at the hdfs level
does NOT persist across an HDFS restart, so after restarting your Accumulo
Monitor Overview page will have empty boxes again (at least with Accumulo
1.4.2).

The permanent fix is to add the following two properties to the
hdfs-site.xml config file:

In my case, I had already added the accumulo account to the hadoop group so
that's why I set the value to 'hadoop'.  That's also why changing the perms
at the HDFS level worked until HDFS was restarted, but the datanode sets
the perms back to 700 during its startup routine (again, this is CDH3u5).

Cheers folks.