Accumulo >> mail # user >> 'Redundant' mutations

Re: 'Redundant' mutations
You get "a"

By default tables are configured with a "versioning iterator" that filters out all but the latest "version" of a key, meaning the key with the latest timestamp, which provides the cleaning out of redundant keys that differ only in timestamp behavior you describe.