Pig, mail # user - [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project

+
Alan Gates 2011-02-02, 21:18
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2011-02-02, 22:08
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-02, 23:11
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 05:16
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-02-03, 06:11
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-02-03, 16:10
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 16:36
+
Julien Le Dem 2011-02-02, 23:09
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-02-02, 23:05
+
Daniel Dai 2011-02-02, 23:15
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-02, 23:26
+
Thejas M Nair 2011-02-02, 23:32
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2011-02-03, 00:57
+
Alan Gates 2011-02-03, 04:58
+
Milind Bhandarkar 2011-02-03, 21:24
+
Richard Ding 2011-02-03, 01:05
+
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-02-03, 16:43
+
Jay Booth 2011-02-03, 16:52
+
John Sichi 2011-02-03, 19:38
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2011-02-03, 21:15
+
yongqiang he 2011-02-03, 21:41
Re: [VOTE] Sponsoring Howl as an Apache Incubator project
Ashutosh Chauhan 2011-02-03, 21:49
There are none as of today. In the past, whenever we had to have
changes, we do it in a separate branch in Howl and once those get
committed to hive repo, we pull it over in our trunk and drop the
branch.

Ashutosh
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 13:41, yongqiang he <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am interested in some numbers around the lines of code changes (or
> files of changes) which are in Howl but not in Hive?
> Can anyone give some information here?
>
> Thanks
> Yongqiang
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>

>>> If we do go ahead with pulling the metastore out of Hive, it might make
>>> most sense for Howl to become its own TLP rather than a subproject.
>>
>> Yes, I did not read the proposal closely enough. I think an end state as a
>> TLP makes more sense for Howl than as a Pig subproject. I'd really love to
>> see Howl replace the metastore in Hive and it would be more natural to do so
>> as a TLP than as a Pig subproject--especially since the current Howl
>> repository is literally a fork of Hive.
>>

>>> In the incubator proposal, we have mentioned these issues, but we've
>>> attempted to avoid prejudicing any decision.  Instead, we'd like to assess
>>> the pros and cons (including effort required and impact expected) for both
>>> approaches as part of the incubation process.
>>
>> Glad the issues are being considered.
>> Later,
>> Jeff

+