Pig, mail # user - [VOTE] Pig 1.0!

+
Olga Natkovich 2011-03-07, 23:21
+
Santhosh Srinivasan 2011-03-07, 23:30
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-03-08, 04:59
+
Olga Natkovich 2011-03-14, 19:56
+
Mridul Muralidharan 2011-03-08, 09:57
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-03-08, 16:09
Re: [VOTE] Pig 1.0!
Julien Le Dem 2011-03-10, 01:06
Before moving to 1.0, I think the public APIs should be refactored a bit. (UDFs, ...: all the classes users extend or use)
Some of the Pig APIs have grown organically and would need changes.
examples:
 - inconsistencies between EvalFunc and Accumulator
 - Algebraic UDFs can not pass FuncSpec parameters to initial,intermed and final
 - UDFContext should be injected to the UDFs
 - all classes/interfaces that user can depend on should be grouped in a separate package (api vs implementation)
Of course this would be done in a soft manner (supporting both APIs for a while)

Now if there's a majority of people that think this can be done after 1.0 I don't have a strong opinion about this.

Julien