Hive >> mail # user >> Problem with rank() and dense_rank()

Re: Problem with rank() and dense_rank()
rank is case-sensitive. Use the lower-case invocation.

It is a rather odd error for the underlying cause and one I would have
never thought to check.

I ran across the same issue you did. It was discussed in the email thread I
started  a few weeks ago titled "Semantics of Rank".
I'd advise you to go look in the archives for that thread.
-barrett

--
https://github.com/bearrito
@deepbearrito