Hadoop >> mail # dev >> RE: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

Konstantine, you have voted -1, and stated some requirements before you'll
withdraw that -1.  As I plan to do work to fulfill those requirements, I
want to make sure that what I'm proposing will, in fact, satisfy you.
 That's why I'm asking, if we implement full "test-patch" integration for
Windows, does it seem to you that that would provide adequate support?

I have learned not to presume that my interpretation is correct.  My
interpretation of item #1 is that test-patch provides pre-commit build, so
it would satisfy item #1.  But rather than assuming that I am interpreting
it correctly, I simply want your agreement that it would, or if not,
clarification why it won't.

Regarding item #2, it is also my interpretation that test-patch provides an
on-demand (perhaps 20-minutes deferred) Jenkins build and unit test, with
logs available to the developer, so it would satisfy item #2.  But rather
than assuming that I am interpreting it correctly, I simply want your
agreement that it would, or if not, clarification why it won't.

In agile terms, you are the Owner of these requirements.  Please give me
owner feedback as to whether my proposed work sounds like it will satisfy
the requirements.

Thank you,
--Matt