Accumulo, mail # dev - Discussion on JIRA

Re: Discussion on JIRA
Keith Turner 2013-10-29, 17:06
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it heavily depends on the quality and focus of the discussion.
>
> Like you said, if the conversation is focused, it's nice to have the
> complete conversation present on that ticket.

Well, the article said "...if the information looks like it will be quickly
convergent, then put it directly in the bug tracker; if it looks like it
will be divergent, then a mailing...".

> However, very often, we all get sidetracked and start talking about 8
> other things instead of what the ticket is actually about.
>
> Perhaps a good middle ground would be to move discussion to the mailing
> list when it gets off topic, and when the discussion comes to some
> consensus post back to the ticket with the link from mail-archives and a
> general synopsis with what was agreed upon?
I am not really sure at this point.  Seems like a good bit of advice we can
take into consideration as we go forward..