Accumulo >> mail # dev >> SplitLarge Utility

+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 03:19
Re: SplitLarge Utility
Yes, I've had users accidentally ingest key/values that were so large that
they could not be compacted (the tablet server would run out of memory and
crash).  This utility allowed me to remove the large key/values and
preserve them for analysis.  Why is it that you want to move it?  Could you
be a little more specific about why it seems out of place?
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is this utility something useful in a production shop? If so, should
> it be integrated into the shell? Maybe it should be moved to the
> contribs directory? I seems out of place in the current
> org.apache.accumulo.core.file.rfile package.

+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 13:59
+
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:19