MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Number of records in an HDFS file

Re: Number of records in an HDFS file
If it is just counting the no. of records in a file then how about having a
short 3 liner :
LOGS= LOAD 'log';
LOGS_GROUP= GROUP LOGS ALL;
LOG_COUNT = FOREACH LOGS_GROUP GENERATE COUNT(LOGS);

It did the trick for me.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com