HBase >> mail # user >> auto-restart regionservers

Re: auto-restart regionservers
Geoff,

In general it's not advisable to simply auto-restart regionservers without digging into the root cause. We had a case where we were doing that and the real problem got masked. Debugging it later took a lot more effort than it would have taken had we looked at it earlier on.

-Amandeep