Hive, mail # user - alter external table location with new namenode address

+
Alok Kumar 2012-08-24, 08:00
+
Bejoy KS 2012-08-24, 12:10
+
Alok Kumar 2012-08-24, 17:56
+
Carl Steinbach 2012-08-24, 19:52
Re: alter external table location with new namenode address
Alok Kumar 2012-08-25, 12:29
Carl,

I tried and found ALTER TABLE SET LOCATION command can't be used
to set location for non-native tables. In my case, where all hive tables are
mapped with tables in hbase, ALTER TABLE SET LOCATION  was not possible!!
I agree it wasn't a good idea though but only option i believe

or is it available with any newer hive release?

Thanks,
Alok

--
Alok Kumar