MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Cluster lost IP addresses

+
John Meza 2013-03-24, 02:48
+
John Meza 2013-03-22, 21:50
+
Balaji Narayanan 2013-03-23, 02:14
Re: Cluster lost IP addresses
it has issues, namenode save blockid->nodes, using ip addr if your slaves
config file using ip addr instead of hostname.
On Mar 23, 2013 10:14 AM, "Balaji Narayanan (பாலாஜி நாராயணன்)" <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Assuming you are using hostnAmes and not ip address in your config
> files What happens when you start the cluster? If you are using IP address
> in your configs just update them and start. It should work with no issues.
>
> On Friday, March 22, 2013, John Meza wrote:
>
>> I have a 18 node cluster that had to be physically moved.
>> Unfortunately all the ip addresses were lost (recreated).
>>
>> This must have happened to someone before.
>> Nothing else on the machines has been changed. Most importantly the data
>> in HDFS is still sitting there.
>>
>> Is there a way to recover this cluster to a useable state?
>> thanks
>> John
>>

> --
> http://balajin.net/blog