Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level

Re: [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level
We actually still haven't recovered from the projects split.
We are still fixing HDFS and MR scripts with several jiras open.

If we start this re-split now again before the major release
we risk to get into the same mess, and it will create more work
for the community.

I see Nigel's point that packaging will get easier, and developers
will push less buttons when they commit.
It will delay the release - this is what worries me.

Thanks,
--Konstantin