HBase, mail # user - RE: Using HBase for Deduping

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-14, 20:19
+
Rahul Ravindran 2013-02-14, 20:29
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-14, 20:48
+
Rahul Ravindran 2013-02-14, 21:07
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-14, 21:24
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-15, 01:33
+
Rahul Ravindran 2013-02-15, 01:35
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-15, 01:43
Using HBase for Deduping
Rahul Ravindran 2013-02-14, 19:40
Hi,
   We have events which are delivered into our HDFS cluster which may be duplicated. Each event has a UUID and we were hoping to leverage HBase to dedupe them. We run a MapReduce job which would perform a lookup for each UUID on HBase and then emit the event only if the UUID was absent and would also insert into the HBase table(This is simplistic, I am missing out details to make this more resilient to failures). My concern is that doing a Read+Write for every event in MR would be slow (We expect around 1 Billion events every hour). Does anyone use Hbase for a similar use case or is there a different approach to achieving the same end result. Any information, comments would be great.

Thanks,
~Rahul.
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-02-14, 22:26