Hadoop >> mail # user >> RE: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?

RE: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?
I’ve never used the Cloudera distributions, but you can’t not hear about
them. Is it really much easier to manage the whole platform using clouderas
manager?   50 nodes free is generous enough that I’d feel comfortable
committing to them as a platform (and thus the future potential cost), I
think.

My only real experience comes from AWS’s environment, which, other than
having a dedicated DFS, and launching jobs via their “steps” process, they
seem like a pretty straight forward Hadoop configuration.

Dave