Flume >> mail # dev >> Missing Source JAR Files for Flume Artifacts in Maven Repository

+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-20, 16:12
+
Mike Percy 2013-04-23, 06:33
+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-23, 14:43
Re: Missing Source JAR Files for Flume Artifacts in Maven Repository
The JIRA Task has been created.

On 23 April 2013 10:43, Israel Ekpo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Mike.
>
> I will create a JIRA task to track this.
>
> Do we need to assign this to INFRA?
>

> On 23 April 2013 02:33, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Israel,
>> I don't know off the top of my head why it wouldn't work, there must be
>> some deploy flags that were not specified.
>>
>> The latest release procedure is documented here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLUME/How+to+Release
>>
>> In 1.3.0, more sign / deploy steps were automated via Maven build steps,
>> so
>> maybe something was lost when that change in the procedure was made. I
>> agree we should still deploy javadocs and sources for 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, if
>> possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Israel Ekpo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > When building custom sinks, interceptors, channels and sinks for
>> specific
>> > versions of Apache Flume, it would be nice to have the source for the
>> > classes attached after running running mvn eclipse:eclipse
>> > -DdownloadSources=true to set up the projects in Eclipse.
>> >
>> > I took a look at the Maven Central repository and it looks like the last
>> > time source jars were published alongside the class jars was in release
>> > 1.2.0
>> >
>> > http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cflume
>> >
>> > Is there any reason why this was discontinued after 1.2.0
>> >
>> > I would like to update the pom files if needed or add additional steps
>> > upload the source jars to Maven Central.
>> >
>> > Your feedback would be highly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

+
Mike Percy 2013-04-24, 04:16