Bigtop >> mail # user >> Puppet manual

Re: Puppet manual
Hi Ivo!

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Ivo Frankov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Is there some step by step manual for puppet configuration on CentOS 6
>
> Following questions:
> a) how to install puppet ? is it already in bigtop distribution?

The puppet itself is best obtained from the puppetlabs own repo. E.g. for
CentOS 6.2/x64 you'll need this:
http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/6.2/products/x86_64/

Personally, I'd recommend using Puppet 2.7

> b) some scrpits to start pseudo mode cluster for Hadoop , Spark, giraph,
> Solr, HBase, pig

I haven't tried using our puppet much for the pseudo distributed configuration,
but on a fully distributed cluster it seems to be working reasonably well. You
can try it in a pseudo distributed case and let us know. The entry point remains
the same:
     https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/master/bigtop-deploy/puppet

Thanks,
Roman.