Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Hbase to hive

+
abhisekgunnia@...) 2013-10-14, 21:41
+
Shekhar Sharma 2013-10-15, 01:59
+
samir das mohapatra 2013-10-23, 09:44
Thanks Shekar,

I am kind of new to the Hadoop. So, i was looking for some sample programs where I can understand the usage of java hbase api.

Regards,

Abhishek

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Shekhar Sharma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Hbase to hive
Date: Mon, Oct 14, 2013 9:59 PM

You can very well port the the data to from Hbase to hive using
hive-hbase handler..But if you want to do it on specific criteria then
you might have to write the code to pull the data from hbase and put
in hive..

Its pretty straightforward to reflect the data in HBase into Hive
table..I have really not tried writing an intermediatory code to
filter the data and put in hive..but since we have filters in hbase i
think it might be easy to do it..
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:11 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can somebody suggest a solution on my problem below.
>
> 1. The data is maintained and constantly updated in hbase.
>
> 2. The user wants to query the data from hive.
>
> The requirement is to write a programs that can move data from hbase to hive based on certain criteria.
>
> Please advice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Abhishek
>
> Sent from my HTC