HBase, mail # user - HBase Integration with Active Directory

HBase Integration with Active Directory
anil gupta 2012-12-04, 05:49
Hi All,

We would like to integrate HBase with our corporate Active Directory for
authentication and authorization of HBase users.  I have gone through the
following links in HBase:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/09/understanding-user-authentication-and-authorization-in-apache-hbase/
http://hbase.apache.org/book/security.html

I am a novice at Kerberos and Active Directory(LDAP). So, I would like to
know whether HBase can be integrated with Active Directory(LDAP) or not? Is
anyone using LDAP for Authentication and Authorization in HBase? If yes, it
would be great if someone can give me high level steps. Is it something
similar Kerberos integration with Active Directory in Hadoop?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta