MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Requesting containers on a specific host

+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-06-24, 10:45
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-06-25, 10:13
Re: Requesting containers on a specific host
I could get containers on specific nodes using addContainerRequest() on
AMRMClient. But there are issues with it. I have two nodes, node1 and node2
in my cluster. And, my Application Master is trying to get 3 containers on
node1, and 3 containers on node2 in that order.

While trying to request on node1, it sometimes gives me those on node2, and
vice verse. When I get a container on a different node than the one I need,
I release it and make a fresh request. I am having to do like that forever
to get a container on the node I need.

 Though the node I am requesting has enough resources, why does it keep
giving me containers on the other node? How can I make sure I get a
container on the node I want?

Note: I am using the default scheduler, i.e. Capacity Scheduler.

Thanks,
Kishore
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Check if the hostname you are setting is the same in the RM logs…
>
> On Jun 21, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am trying to get container on a specific host, using setHostName(0
> call on ResourceRequest, but could not get allocated anything forever,
> which just works fine when I change the node name to "*". I am working on a
> single node cluster, and I am giving the name of the single node I have in
> my cluster.
>
>   Is there any specific format that I need to give for setHostName(), why
> is it not working...
>
> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-04, 12:28
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-07-04, 16:03
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-07-05, 14:07
+
Krishna Kishore Bonagiri 2013-07-08, 07:19