Hive, mail # user - How to use the IF conditional function in Hive scripts

+
Amila Maha Arachchi 2012-09-13, 11:49
Re: How to use the IF conditional function in Hive scripts
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-09-13, 20:57
Hi,

I guess this goes beyond Hive scripts. You can use some kind of an
external automation tool like Oozie or a wrapper sh script

Ruslan

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Amila Maha Arachchi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a hive script which is doing some summarization. There
> are two summarizations hourly and daily. I want to run the hourly
> summarization first, then check whether the current timestamp matches some
> value of my favour (lets say 2012-09-13 23:00:00) and run the daily
> summarization.
>
> My question is, can I use the IF conditional function which is mentioned in
> [1]. I could not fined any examples on this.
>

> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-udf.html#LanguageManualUDF-ConditionalFunctions
>
> Thanks,
> Amila.