Kafka >> mail # user >> Why do we need reconnect with an interval?

+
Bae, Jae Hyeon 2012-11-18, 23:37
+
Neha Narkhede 2012-11-18, 23:47
Re: Why do we need reconnect with an interval?
In addition to that, reconnect interval is useful for load balancing. If a
broker is restarted, initially, no existing producers are connected to it.
Reconnect interval gives the producer a chance to connect to the new broker
periodically.

Thanks,

Jun

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This config is really relevant to 0.7 Kafka users using a VIP to talk
> to the Kafka cluster. VIP has a timeout for every TCP connection,
> where it cuts the connection that has been idle for a certain time.
> Most VIPs are configured to not send TCP RST back to the client, so
> the client does not know that the tcp connection is no more. The next
> time the client tries to write to the socket, it gets into a really
> long TCP RST retry loop. To avoid this, we added a producer config
> that would reconnect to the VIP after n requests or m ms, whatever
> comes earlier.
>
> This config is no longer required in 0.8 and has been removed.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Bae, Jae Hyeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am wondering that we do really need the following producer
> configuration
> >
> >   val reconnectInterval = Utils.getInt(props, "reconnect.interval",
> 30000)
> >
> >   /** negative reconnect time interval means disabling this time-based
> > reconnect feature */
> >   var reconnectTimeInterval = Utils.getInt(props,
> > "reconnect.time.interval.ms", 1000*1000*10)
> >
> > If these configurations have the history, please let me know.
> > Otherwise, I want to disable these default configurations.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Best, Jae

+
Bae, Jae Hyeon 2012-11-19, 06:15