HBase, mail # user - How to de-nomarlize for this situation in HBASE Table

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-01-18, 03:34
+
Sonal Goyal 2013-01-18, 03:59
+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-01-18, 04:16
Re: How to de-nomarlize for this situation in HBASE Table
Sonal Goyal 2013-01-18, 04:30
How about client id as the rowkey, with column families as physical
address, email address, telephone address? within each cf, you could have
various qualifiers. For eg in physical address, you could have home Street,
office street etc.

Best Regards,
Sonal
Real Time Analytics for BigData <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux>

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Ramasubramanian Narayanan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Sonal,
>
> 1. will fetch all demographic details of customer based on client ID
> 2. Fetch the particular type of address along with other demographic for a
> client.. for example, HOME Physical address or HOME Telephone address or
> office Email address etc.,
>
> regards,
> Rams
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Sonal Goyal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > What are your data access patterns?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Sonal
> > Real Time Analytics for BigData <https://github.com/sonalgoyal/crux>
> > Nube Technologies <http://www.nubetech.co>
> >
> > <http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Ramasubramanian Narayanan <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the following relational tables.. I want to denormalize and
> bring
> > it
> > > all into single HBASE table... Pls help how it could be done..
> > >

> > > 1. Client Master Table
> > > 2. Physical Address Table (there might be 'n' number of address that
> can
> > be
> > > captured against each client ID)
> > > 3. Email Address Table (there might be 'n' number of address that can
> be
> > > captured against each client ID)
> > > 4. Telephone Address Table (there might be 'n' number of address that
> can
> > > be captured against each client ID)
> > >

> > > For the tables 2 to 4, there are multiple fields like which is the
> > Address
> > > type (home/office,etc), bad address, good address, communication
> address,
> > > time to call etc.,
> > >
> > > Please help me to clarify the following :
> > >
> > > 1. Whether we can bring this to a single HBASE table?
> > > 2. Having fields like phone number1, phone number 2 etc. is not an good
> > > approach for this scenario...
> > > 3. Whether we can have in the same table by populating these multiple
> > rows
> > > for the same customer with different rowkey?
> > >    For e.g.
> > >    For Client Records      - Rowkey can be Client Number + DOB
> > >    For Physical Address  - Rowkey can be Client Number + "PHYSICAL" +
> > Type
> > > of Address
> > >    For Email Address      - Rowkey can be Client Number + "EMAIL" +
> Type
> > of
> > > Address
> > >    For Telephone Address      - Rowkey can be Client Number + "TEL" +
> > Type
> > > of Address
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Rams

+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-01-18, 04:39
+
Sonal Goyal 2013-01-18, 04:54
+
Ramasubramanian Narayanan... 2013-01-18, 05:18
+
Doug Meil 2013-01-18, 14:42