Bigtop, mail # user - Bigtop for Goraci

+
Lewis John Mcgibbney 2013-06-07, 06:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-06-07, 06:20
Re: Bigtop for Goraci
Lewis John Mcgibbney 2013-06-07, 06:37
Hi Cos,

On Friday, June 7, 2013, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> very interesting stuff, indeed. I am a little bit confused though: when
you
> are saying "does anyone have an idea about how we can get this working in
> tandem" what parts needs to be coupled here? The suite and DB
implementations?

The suite and DB implementation... you got it. The difference in running
the suite across different datastores is as follows

1. Add some trivial configuration to a gora.properties file specifying
which datastore you wish to use
2. generate a trivial xml mapping file which maps an avro JSON schema to
persistent beans. (we are in the process of automating this)
3. Run a mvn profile to download the required dependencies for whichever
datastore the test has to run against
4. execute commands from a bash script which run the test(s).
5. Aggregate the results from the MR jobs.

> Or is it something else? Appreciate more info.

Well yeah there kinda is 'something else' we need to provision clusters of
machines kitted out with the specific databases up and running prior to the
execution of my (most likely) rather simplified step-by-step above ;)

I don't imagine automating  the step-by-step to be much of a problem, but I
don't know where in gods name we could setUp() clusters of machines for
each datastore in a uniform manner.
Thanks so much for your input, it is really really valuable.

--
*Lewis*
+