HBase >> mail # user >> readonly performance?

Re: readonly performance?
I don't think there is any performance benefit as such. From the
source code, it appears that the only use is to avoid accidentally
updating / mutating a table that you want to keep immutable.
So - setting the read only flag will prevent accidental updates to that table.

--Suraj