Hive, mail # user - Hive | HBase Integration

+
Savant, Keshav 2012-02-28, 12:28
+
Bejoy Ks 2012-02-29, 05:02
+
Garg, Rinku 2012-02-29, 05:29
Re: Hive | HBase Integration
bejoy_ks@... 2012-02-29, 05:38
Hi Rinku
       Were you able to create a normal table within your hive without any issues? By Normal table I mean the one that has data dir in hdfs not in HBase.

Regards
Bejoy K S

From handheld, Please excuse typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Garg, Rinku" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 05:29:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Bejoy Ks<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Hive | HBase Integration

Hi ,

We tried the same also by issuing the below mentioned command but command does not executes completely and a new command line is shown with an asterisk (*), and table does not gets created.

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE hive_hbasetable_k(key int, value string) STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val") TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "hivehbasek");

Please suggest.

Thanks
Rinku Garg