HBase, mail # dev - old master to 0.90 and new master to 0.92?  (was RE: Millions of photos into Hbase)

Re: old master to 0.90 and new master to 0.92? (was RE: Millions of photos into Hbase)
Lars Francke 2010-09-21, 23:54
> We also confuse the 0.90 'message' given we've been talking about new
> master at HUGs and here on the lists with a good while now.

This might be a little naïve but what about calling the "SU"-build
0.88 and release it (with a small disclaimer). It would make sense in
that the 0.89-dev releases have more stuff in them than 0.88 and it
would still allow for a 0.90 release with all the announced features.

As a side note: I plan to finish work on the Maven changes in time for
HW but tests keep on failing (Hudson has the same problem...) which
doesn't make it easy to completely test the build. I don't know if
I'll be able to get Thrift done though, sorry. I'm doing this in my
spare time and I didn't have a lot of that :( but with a bit of luck I
can work on HBase in my new job. But I'll upload updated Thrift files
in the next few days if someone wants to check what I've done (modeled
it after Jeff's Avro work).

Cheers,
Lars