HBase >> mail # user >> is mapreduce needed?

is mapreduce needed?
Hello,
I have a dataset which is several terabytes in size. I would like to query
this data using hbase (sql). Would I need to setup mapreduce to use hbase?
Currently the data is stored in hdfs and I am using `hdfs -cat ` to get the
data and pipe it into stdin.

Doug Meil 2011-07-12, 12:11
+
Rita 2011-07-12, 12:27