Accumulo >> mail # user >> [receivers.SendSpansViaThrift] ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

+
Fred Wolfinger 2012-09-05, 17:06
+
Marc Parisi 2012-09-05, 17:15
+
Fred Wolfinger 2012-09-05, 17:21
+
Marc Parisi 2012-09-05, 17:31
+
Fred Wolfinger 2012-09-05, 17:38
+
Marc Parisi 2012-09-05, 17:50
+
Fred Wolfinger 2012-09-05, 17:55
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-09-05, 17:52
+
Fred Wolfinger 2012-09-05, 17:57
Re: [receivers.SendSpansViaThrift] ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
Fred,

One tracer is fine, and you can set that to be the same as the master node.
You also need to set the username and password for the tracer in
accumulo-site.xml if you haven't already.

Adam
On Sep 5, 2012 1:22 PM, "Fred Wolfinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Marc,
>
> I can't tell you how much I appreciate the quick response. I never touched
> the tracers fie, so it still just says localhost. If I have a master and 3
> slaves, which IP's go into that file? All, or just the slaves?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Marc Parisi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> have you verified that the tracers are running?
>>
>> look at /conf/tracers to make sure you have them configured and that they
>> are running on those servers.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Fred Wolfinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to get data into a single table. I am getting very high
>>> error counts from all tablet servers and loggers of which there are 3
>>> each.....all with the same error:
>>>
>>> 05 12:58:02,224 [receivers.SendSpansViaThrift] ERROR:
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>> at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:327)
>>>  at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:193)
>>> at
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:180)
>>>  at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
>>> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:546)
>>> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:495)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.SendSpansViaThrift.createDestination(SendSpansViaThrift.java:53)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.SendSpansViaThrift.createDestination(SendSpansViaThrift.java:34)
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.AsyncSpanReceiver.sendSpans(AsyncSpanReceiver.java:87)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.cloudtrace.instrument.receivers.AsyncSpanReceiver$1.run(AsyncSpanReceiver.java:63)
>>>  at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:534)
>>> at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:484)
>>>
>>> I can ping/ssh/etc. freely across all slaves and master nodes.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?  Thanks a million,
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>

> --
> Fred Wolfinger