Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Architectural Questions

+
JSaravanaKumar 2011-08-09, 10:13
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-08-09, 11:48
+
Harsh J 2011-08-09, 19:12
+
Segel, Mike 2011-08-09, 20:38
+
Harsh J 2011-08-09, 20:43
+
Segel, Mike 2011-08-09, 20:48
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-09, 20:53
+
Harsh J 2011-08-09, 21:28
Re: Architectural Questions

On Aug 9, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Harsh J wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Segel, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Right.
>> The problem is how do you distinguish when someone is asking about the Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce)
>> And the Hadoop ecosystem. (HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Oozie, Flume, etc ...)
>
> Good question. I assumed it was just Hadoop cause it was mailed to
> common-dev@. But looks like the OP mailed it to general@ as well, so
> he is probably talking of the ecosystem (and thereby Hive/Oozie/etc.).
general@ is still just Hadoop.
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2011-08-09, 20:47