HBase, mail # user - hbase as a primary store, or is it more for "2nd class" data?

Re: hbase as a primary store, or is it more for "2nd class" data?
Amandeep Khurana 2012-05-14, 19:47
Ahmed,

I'll second what Ian and Andrew have highlighted. HBase is very capable of being used as a primary store as long as you run it following the best practices. It's a useful exercise to clearly define the failure scenarios you want to safeguard against and what kind of SLAs you have in terms of recovering from those. That will help you evaluate whether HBase has the features and stability required to fulfill your requirements. It's hard to make a general statement about whether HBase makes sense as a primary store or not. In many cases it does and and in many cases it does not, and the decision depends on what your requirements are.

Hope that helps.

-Amandeep