On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think we should hold off for a few days, perhaps a week or two, just so
> we have more time for bug squashing without concerns about merging bug
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I propose we branch 1.5. We are passed the feature freeze for 1.5 and
> > it would be nice to be able to commit some recent contributions to
> > trunk.
> > If no one objects I will create the branch Tuesday morning.
> > Keith
John and Keith hashed out their differences in #accumulo. A summary of
their proposal is that we branch 1.5 now, but hold off on introducing tree
conflicts in trunk (i.e. moving or renaming files or directories) to make
merging easier until 1.5.1 is released. Presumably there will be a fair
amount of bug fixes (and thus merging) for an x.x.0 release.