Hive, mail # user - Field mapping with the Avro SerDe

Re: Field mapping with the Avro SerDe
Dean Wampler 2012-10-31, 15:19
I had no idea if the following hack would work or not, but it's used in the
Scala language for similar purposes:

Put the word data in left-hand ("back") quotes, e.g.,  `data`. For example

create table toss (`data` string);

It works!!

dean

--