HBase >> mail # user >> Creating a Table using HFileOutputFormat

Re: Creating a Table using HFileOutputFormat
 Hi Stack,

On 23/09/10 17:13, Stack wrote:
> You've seen this documentation for bulk import in 0.20.x:
> http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#bulk?
>   (Make sure you are on 0.20.6).
No, I missed this one. Thanks for pointing me this one.
> In TRUNK bulk import was revamped.  Its all fancy and robust now.  See
> http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/bulk-loads.html
Yes,  I see this one, but we are using the 0.20.x version.
> In both versions a partitioner is required.  In TRUNK the hadoop total
> order partitioner is brought local and should work for most key types.
>   In 0.20.x you'd need to write your own.
Will the TotalOrderPartitioner found in the hadoop library not work for
0.20.x ?
> In 0.20.x, there is no support for incremental loading.  It will only
> load a fresh table.  Incremental is a feature of the TRUNK version.
Ok.
> In 0.20.x, you use the loadtable.rb script.  In TRUNK, you run a
> little java program.
Ok, thanks.
All is more clear now.

Best,