MapReduce, mail # user - notorious ClassNotFoundError

RE: notorious ClassNotFoundError
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-16, 22:06
Oh my Gosh!!!

This exact error happened to me before, the very first time I installed hadoop. Spent days solving that exact problem. It got resolved on its own so I had no idea what exactly I did.

Today, I was installing hadoop on a brand new node from afresh, and... exact the same ClassNotfoundError no matter where to  I copied this jar file to.

I did it again, accidentally resolved this issue .. but THIS TIME I took a note what I did.

Ready?

So, no matter where the jar file was located, no matter if it was indicated in CLASSPATH or HADOOP_HOME or -libjars for that matter, it would not pick up the .jar file until I restarted the TaskTracker.  Heheheh

You know the saying that apple a day keeps doctors away? Well, in the future, as the VERY FIRST possible solution I will always try to restart the nodes first.

For those who find this post ever useful, "you're welcome in advance".

Happy hadooping..

AK-47