Pig >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Pig 0.11.0 (candidate 0)

+
Bill Graham 2013-02-10, 07:05
+
Russell Jurney 2013-02-11, 03:05
+1

Ran a few smoke tests in both local and cluster modes, compiled and ran the unit tests on the source, tested piggybank and the tutorial, looked over the NOTICE, LICENSE, and RELEASE_NOTES files.  We should update the RELEASE_NOTES to say we've tested this version with Hadoop 1.0 (instead of 0.18), but that isn't a blocker for the release.

Alan.

On Feb 9, 2013, at 11:05 PM, Bill Graham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a candidate build for Pig 0.11.0.
>
> Keys used to sign the release are available at:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/trunk/KEYS?view=markup
>
> Please download, test, and try it out:
> http://people.apache.org/~billgraham/pig-0.11.0-candidate-0/
>
> Should we release this? Vote closes on next Friday EOD, Feb 15th.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
+
Bill Graham 2013-02-12, 04:27