Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> How to start multiple servers

+
Pulasthi Supun Wickramasi... 2012-06-24, 13:19
Re: How to start multiple servers
What are you trying to do? If you're just trying to start multiple nodes
for testing purposes, I recommend you glance at the source code for the ZK
tests themselves, which do this often.

If you're trying to set up nodes to run on separate machines, check out the
documentation.
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperStarted.html

There's also a project by netflix called Exhibitor that might be helpful
https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor

We don't support automatic reconfiguration of the cluster at this time, so
you will need to write your own scripts that shut down and restart cluster
nodes if you want to add or remove nodes from a running cluster.

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Pulasthi Supun Wickramasinghe <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Devs.
>
> I am very new to zookeeper. hope someone can answer this question
> very easily.
>
> I want to start multiple Zookeeper servers ( nodes ) through the java
> client. I understand that the package  org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum
> provides ways to start a cluster of servers. But i am confused with the use
> of QuorumServer and QuorumPeer. I also want to be able to add or remove
> servers from the cluster when needed. it would be a great help if someone
>  could provide some resources to understand how
> "org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum"
> is used.
>
> I am using Zookeeper 3.3.3
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Pulasthi Supun
> Undergraduate
> Dpt of Computer Science & Engineering
> University of Moratuwa
> Blog : http://pulasthisupun.blogspot.com/
> Git hub profile:
> <http://pulasthisupun.blogspot.com/>https://github.com/pulasthi
> <https://github.com/pulasthi>

+
Pulasthi Supun Wickramasi... 2012-06-25, 05:38