HDFS, mail # user - Re: How to find Replication factor for one perticular folder in HDFS

Re: How to find Replication factor for one perticular folder in HDFS
Dhanasekaran Anbalagan 2013-02-27, 10:10
HI YouPeng Yang ,

Hi already configured dfs.replication factor=2

>>  1. To get the key from configuration :
    <your-path>/bin/hdfs -getconf -conKey dfs.replication

hdfs@dvcliftonhera227:~$ hdfs -getconf -conKey dfs.replication
Unrecognized option: -getconf

Please guide me.

-Dhanasekaran
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM, YouPeng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Dhanasekaran Anbalagan
>
>   1. To get the key from configuration :
>     <your-path>/bin/hdfs -getconf -conKey dfs.replication
>

>    2.Maybe you can add the attribute
>    <final>true</final> to your dfs.replication :
>
>    <property>
>         <name>dfs.replication</name>
>        <value>2</value>
>        <final>true</final>
>     </property>
>

> regards.
>

> 2013/2/26 Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> see if the link below helps you
>>

>> http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/10/20/understanding-hdfs-quotas-and-hadoop-fs-and-fsck-tools/
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> How to query particular folder witch replication factor configured. In
>>> my cluster some folder in HDFS configured 2 and some of them configured as
>>> three. How to query.
>>>
>>> please guide me
>>>
>>> -Dhanasekaran
>>>
>>> Did I learn something today? If not, I wasted it.
>>>

>> --
>> Nitin Pawar

+
Harsh J 2013-02-28, 06:26