Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] 3.4.0 release plan of ZooKeeper.

+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-28, 21:58
Re: [DISCUSS] 3.4.0 release plan of ZooKeeper.
Mahadev Konar:
> Hi all,
>  Since 3.3.3 release is out the door, I am starting this thread to
> start discussion for 3.4.0 release.
>
> My plan for 3.4 is to include the following features/enhancements to
> the 3.4 release. The following is the list of features I think would
> be great in 3.4:
>
> 1) ZOOKEEPER-859 (native windows client)
> 2) ZOOKEEPER-702 (failure detection model)
> 3) ZOOKEEPER-784 (read only mode for ZK)
> 4) ZOOKEEPER-938 (kerberos authentication)
> 5) ZOOKEEPER-999 (rpms for zookeeper)
> 6) ZOOKEEPER-856 (connection imbalance betweek ZK servers)
> 7) ZOOKEEPER-1000 (SSL support, this should be easy with ZOOKEEPER-938)

Hi Mahadev,

there are many more issues in jira marked for 3.4.0. Do you plan to postpone
those? What is the reason to do the 3.4.0 release now without those instead of
waiting a bit more? Or what is already in 3.4.0 what needs to get out?

Some example issues I care about for 3.4.0:
ZOOKEEPER-961, ZOOKEEPER-911, ZOOKEEPER-837, ZOOKEEPER-899, ZOOKEEPER-847, and
others...

On the other hand ZOOKEEPER-999 is very new, not yet reviewed and on a quick
scan I think the patch has major problems.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-03-01, 07:53
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-03-01, 16:47
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-03-01, 14:36
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-03-01, 16:16
+
Fournier, Camille F. [Tec... 2011-03-02, 19:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-03-03, 05:18
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-28, 22:19