Hive >> mail # user >> Multi-group-by select always scans entire table

Re: Multi-group-by select always scans entire table
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Mark Grover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
> Glad you found something workable.
>
> What version of Hive are you using? Could you also please check what the
> value of the property hive.optimize.ppd is for you?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reply. I'm using hive 0.7.1 distributed from Cloudera as cdh3u4.
The property hive.optimize.ppd is set true, but I have tried to turn it off
and it doesn't effect the behavior of the problematic query at all. Any
other ideas? :-)

Also could some of you good guys try to check this on hadoop 0.8 or newer?
It would be nice to know if it is worth to go through all the hassle of
upgrading or if it won't help. Also, if it is not fixed already, it might
be good idea to report it as a bug.

Jan