Accumulo >> mail # user >> Running Accumulo straight from Memory

Re: Running Accumulo straight from Memory
Matthew,

I don't know of anyone who has done this, but I believe you could:
1. mount a RAM disk
2. point the hdfs core-site.xml fs.default.name property to file:///
3. point the accumulo-site.xml instance.dfs.dir property to a directory on
the RAM disk
4. disable the WAL for all tables by setting the accumulo-site.xml
table.walog.enabled to false
5. initialize and start up accumulo as you regularly would and cross your
fingers

Of course, the "you may lose data" and "this is not an officially supported
configuration" caveats apply. Out of curiosity, what would you be trying to
accomplish with this configuration?

Adam