Accumulo, mail # dev - (ACCUMULO-75) Modify Security Randomwalk and test with concurrency

Re: (ACCUMULO-75) Modify Security Randomwalk and test with concurrency
Jesse Yates 2011-11-12, 19:36
I would consider the randomwalk (and other tests in that suite) just an acceptance test suite. I think it is awesome that we have it as it is great for _really_ making sure the system is solid.

However, frameworks are more about providing a platform which is then built on by others to enable functionality (kinda like a library). Frameworks provide a way to think about problems and then some tools to enable you to solve them. So a mocking framework gives you a way to think about solving the problem of effectively unit testing and gives you mocks to help enable to solve the problem of unit testing.

Just a nitpick, but the terminology can be important especially when things (like the testing) are in flux.

- Jesse Yates

Sent from my iPhone.