HBase >> mail # user >> Are minor compaction and major compaction different in HBase 0.92?

Re: Are minor compaction and major compaction different in HBase 0.92?
Thanks for your reply. I install  HBase in pseudo-mode. I think my
situation is that the minor compaction promotes to major compaction. I
have 3 HFiles for table 'test' in one RegionServer.  After I issued
compact (org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.compact()) method,
those 3  HFiles are compacted into 1 HFile and deleted markers are
discarded. That's why I feel there is no difference from minor
compaction and major compaction.

regards!

Yong