Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Upgrading an ensemble from 3.3.5 to 3.4.4

Re: Upgrading an ensemble from 3.3.5 to 3.4.4
On Oct 1, 2012, at 10:58 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to upgrade our ensemble from 3.3.5 to 3.4.4. Can it be done in-place/rolling? i.e. will 3.3.5 and 3.4.4 work in the same ensemble?

I can't say I've done it, but network wise the protocol hasn't changed so a rolling upgrade shouldn't affect them. If 3.4 can't read the 3.3 dump on disk, then I'd imagine it'll just request the data over the protocol per a new-node startup.... and the protocol hasn't changed. I've been watching most of the protocol traffic as kazoo speaks it directly and besides for the new read-only flag (which is ignored in 3.3), and the new transaction instruction there are no protocol changes.

Cheers,
Ben