Sqoop >> mail # user >> Authenticating to database without password prompt

Re: Authenticating to database without password prompt
Hi Charles,
current stable Sqoop have parameter --password that can be used to specify password on command line and thus you do not need to prompt user for it every time.

In Sqoop2 which is major redesign of the project, we will introduce advanced metastore where you will store your credentials to external database system and simply reusing them for particular import and export jobs.

Jarcec